Monday 7 February 2011

Thank -You!


A big thank you to sharon at http://thecraftytrundler.blogspot.com/ for making me a beautiful Home sweet home pic for a very very reasonable price! It is so cute and hand stitched and i just love it, but i'm sorry the pic is really bad....!

She also made me one of her pink heart framed pics with the words 'always kiss me goodnight...' which will shortly be hung in my little girls bedroom.


I have been having a massive clearout and am doing a car boot on sunday, im hoping to make a few penny's for our 2 camping trips booked for this year at http://www.motheriveysbay.com/, a really gorgeous place that we have been to several times, no cheesy clubhouse and naff gimicks here, just a private beach beautiful landscaping and a short drive to Padstow harbour......Can't wait!! have a look and you will see why I am so excited!


Today I have had a trip to the birmingham Children's Hospital with my little Eva, you see she has a strawberry birthmark on her eyelid just on her lash line, and although its not big red and obvious you can just see it like a little pea. It doesn't bother me in the slightest that it is there as long as it's causing her no pain or harm, as she's had it since birth I took her along to the GP who reffered her on to the eye unit at the local hospital, who in turn referred her to the childrens hospital in the big city! They have put drops in and examined her eye very well and today was the follow up to see if it had grown since September....thankfully it hasn't and they are confident that it will now start to shrink and be gone by age 7.

The reason they keep an eye on her (no pun intended) is that thy do not want it to put pressure on her eye and cause sight problems. They have offered a variety of different options to us to remove it but they all sound quite scary, the first was a steroid injection into it under a general, but it can cause thinnning of the skin and will leave a mark worse than the birthmark...! And the second was to give her Beta blockers......which can cause low blood pressure breathing problems and all sorts of nasties, so we agreed not to have any of those treatments and to see how it goes and only interveene if her sight becomes affected! Sorry for the ramble!

So now we are home after a long afternoon of sitting around in waiting rooms, Eva has gone to bed, and Joe is sat here by me with his craft box, making a pirate treasure chest.

I hope your all well and having a good Monday....

Em xx

4 comments:

  1. I`M SO GLAD THAT LITTLE EVA IS FINE!
    MY DAUGTHER WAS 2 YEARS OLD WHEN SHE HAD HER STRAWBERRY MARK REMOVED BY LASER TREATMENT. HER MARK WAS ALSO SMALL BUT IT WAS IN HER LIP. THEY HAD TO PUT HER TO SLEEP... SO I WAS A BIT CONCERNED BUT ALL ENDED WELL! AND I HOPE THAT IT WILL TURN OUT WELL FOR SWEET EVA, TOO!

    DEBBIE MOSS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog!
    I will now have a good look through yours...x
    Love Kirsty xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Emma, thank you for visiting my blog. Your new picture is very homely, isn't it lovely to have something made specially for you. I notice you enjoy a bit of thrift shopping. I look out for old fashionoed embroidered tablecloths but rarely find them - but half the fun is the hunting! Betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughters strawberry mark was the size of my hand but was on her back so I was not bothered and was not expecting it to go as it was really angry looking but true enough at the age of 4 it just disappeared. I think it is good the hospital are keeping it all under check but your probably so used to the mark now that it won't bother you anyway and I reckon it will be gone in my opinion you did right by avoiding the medication or would have led to much worse problems.

    I am so glad I came across your blog as I never knew about that camping site and I go camping a lot and last year went to Cornwall I will have to book that one up if I can over the holidays it looks gorgeous, we are going away to Broadstairs in Kent next weekend.

    Loving your blog by the way :) x

    ReplyDelete